Last updated: 28 November 2018.
- SCOPE AND CONTACT
- RTDS e.U. FN 380808 located at Lerchengasse 25/ 2-3, 1080 Vienna, Austria and
on our internet services collecting personal data wholly or partly by automated means and to the processing which forms a part of our filing system.
These internet services include:
- project websites we partially or fully manage (https://www.tech4effect.eu/),
IDENTITY AND CONTACT OF CONTROLER
- LEGAL BASIS AND PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING
In accordance with data protection legislation, we process your personal data only when it is lawful for us to do so. This basis is:
- you have freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous consent for one or more specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- if it necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party of,
- if it is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract,
- if it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject of,
- if it is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person,
- if it is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
- To inform you about new funding opportunities, to present our services, news and updates of EU funded Research & Innovation projects (Paragraph 2.1)
- To build new project consortia within the development of a project proposal (Paragraph 2.2, Paragraph 2.3)
- To perform data analysis in order to develop new products or enhance existing ones (Paragraph 2.1)
- To contact you via email or telephone if contact information was provided for that purpose (Paragraph 2.3)
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provided your consent (Paragraph 2.1)
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to browse our websites. We collect your personal data only if you wish to request further information, book places at events, subscribe to a service, contact us via contact form or complete any surveys to the extent necessary to fulfill a precise purpose. The personal data we collect may include:
- title, name, address, phone number and email address,
- affiliated organisation
- current function or project role;
- country of origin,
- dietary preferences,
- any other information that you submit to us.
- CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We ensure the confidentiality of your personal data from data processing activities of our employees that have been entrusted or have become accessible solely due to their employment, unless a legitimate reason for the transmission of the data that have been entrusted or have become accessible to them exists.
Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties or international organisations.
- HOW LONG WILL WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We shall reserve the right to store and process complaint with privacy legislation for duration of five (5) years.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data by law:
- the identity and the contact details of the controller (Paragraph 1);
- the purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended (Paragraph 2);
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority and the contact details of the supervisory authority (Paragraph 6);
- the existence of the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data and restriction of processing of the personal data concerning the data subject (Paragraph 6)
- Right of access:
- the purposes of and legal basis for the processing (Paragraph 2),
- the categories of personal data concerned (Paragraph 3),
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been disclosed (Paragraph 4),
- if possible, the period for which the personal data are planned to be stored (Paragraph 5),
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject,
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority and the contact details of the Data Protection Authority,
- communication of the personal data undergoing processing and of any available information as to their origin.
- Right to rectification or erasure of personal data and to the restriction of processing:
- the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her and the completion of incomplete personal data.
- The controller shall erase the personal data on the controller’s own initiative or at the request of the data subject if, the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, 2. the personal data have been unlawfully processed, 3. erasure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority and the contact details of the supervisory authority:
If you believe that the processing of your personal data by us violates the applicable data protection law or your data protection claims have been violated in another way, it is possible to complain to the competent supervisory authority. In Austria, this will be the Datenschutzbehörde or Austrian Data Protection Authority. You can contact them at:
Telefon: +43 1 52 152-0
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
These rights can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to protect you, we reserve the right to verify your identity before processing any such request. If you contact us in relation to your rights we will do our best to accommodate your request or objection. Please note, however, that not all rights are absolute.
If you are unsure about your rights you should contact Austrian Data Protection Authority.
Our website includes information made available by hyperlinks to other sites which have not been developed by or for RTDS. RTDS shall under no circumstances be liable for hyperlinks to other sites from this site. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your personal information.
RTDS reserves the right to correct the content of this website at any time and without notice. RTDS undertakes all efforts to offer available and verified information and/or resources to users, but cannot be held responsible for errors, a lack of availability or invalid character of the information. RTDS shall not be held responsible for the presence of viruses or malicious software on its website. Any user who discovers inaccuracies, erroneous information or information of a clearly unlawful nature is invited to inform RTDS immediately to email@example.com.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on the visitor’s computer or mobile device. The Cookies used by RTDS are described as follows:
- Session cookies: erased when the you closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user´s computer.
RTDS is active on social media platforms. We are present on five key social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, ResearchGate and YouTube. Each social media channel has their own policy on the way they process your personal data when you access their sites. For example, if you choose to watch one of our videos on YouTube, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept YouTube cookies; if you look at our Twitter activity on Twitter, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept Twitter cookies; the same applies for LinkedIn. If you have any concerns or questions about their use of your personal data, you should read their privacy policies carefully before using them.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
CHANGES TO YOUR CONSENT
You have at any time the right to revoke your consent to the use of your personal data. Your request for information, deletion, correction, or data transfer, unless this is a disproportionate effort, shall be addressed to us immediately. We will be happy assisting you with your query.