All necessary information is communicated according to the “§5 e-commerce Gesetz, §14 Unternehmensgesetzbuch bzw. §63 Gewerbeordnung und Offenlegungspflicht lt. §25 Mediengesetz“:
RTDS Association: RTDS – Verein zur Förderung der Kommunikation und Vermittlung von Forschung, Technologie und Innovation (engl. RTDS Association)
Lerchengasse 25/2-3, 1080 Vienna, Austria
Telephone: +43 (0)1 323 1000 , E-Mail: email@example.com
Head office in Vienna.
Responsible according to §§ 2 Abs 2 bzw 30 Abs 1 VerG is Dr. Stephen Webb.
Issuing Authority: Landespolizeidirektion Wien, Referat Vereins-, Versammlungs- und Medienrechtsangelegenheiten, DVR: 0003506
Association Register: Zentrales Vereinsregister Österreich, ZVR Number 465699086
RTDS Association is recognised as a non-profit legal entity by the European Commission and has the PIC number 929551583.
Project partner in Horizon 2020 projects.
(Version: May 2018)
- General Terms and Conditions / Scope
- All legal transactions between the Management Consultant, RTDS including RTDS Association and RTDS e.U. shall be subject to these General Terms and Conditions exclusively. The version valid at the time the Contract is concluded shall be applicable.
- These General Terms and Conditions shall also apply to any future contractual relationships even if these General Terms and Conditions are not expressly referred to in collateral contracts.
- Any conflicting General Terms and Conditions on the part of the Principal shall be invalid unless they have been explicitly accepted in writing by RTDS.
- If any provision of these General Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, the other provisions and any contracts concluded pursuant to these provisions shall not be affected thereby. The invalid provision shall be replaced by a provision which best corresponds to the intention and economic purpose of the invalid provision.
- Scope of Consulting Assignments / Representation
- The scope of each particular consulting assignment shall be individually agreed by contract.
- RTDS shall be entitled to subcontract, in whole or in part, the services for which the RTDS is responsible to third parties. Payment of said third parties shall be effected exclusively by RTDS. No contractual relationship of any kind shall exist between the Principal and said third party.
- During the validity of this Contract and for a period of three years after termination thereof, the Principal shall agree not to enter into any kind of business transactions with persons or organisations RTDS employs to perform RTDS’ contractual duties. In particular, the Principal shall not employ said persons or organisations to render consulting services the same or similar to those offered by RTDS.
- Principal’s Obligation to Provide Information / Declaration of Completeness
- The Principal shall ensure that during the performance of the consulting assignment, organisational conditions in the Principal’s place of business allow the consulting process to proceed in a timely and undisturbed manner.
- The Principal shall also inform RTDS in detail about previously conducted and/or currently active consulting projects, including those in other areas of competency.
- The Principal shall, in a timely manner and without special request on the part of RTDS, provide RTDS with all documents necessary to fulfil and perform the consulting assignment and shall inform the Agent of all activities and conditions pertinent to the performance of the consulting assignment. This includes all documents, activities and conditions that become known or available during the performance of the consulting assignment.
- The Principal shall ensure that all employees as well as any employee representation (works council) provided by law, if established, are informed of the RTDS’ consulting activities prior to the commencement of the assignment.
- Maintenance of Independence
- The contracting parties shall be committed to mutual loyalty.
- The contracting parties shall be obligated to take all necessary measures to ensure that the independence of all persons working for RTDS and/or of any third parties employed by the Agent is not jeopardized. This applies particularly to any employment offers made by the Principal or the acceptance of assignments on their own account.
- Reporting / Obligation to Report
- RTDS shall be obligated to report to the Principal on the progress of services performed by persons working for RTDS and/or any third parties employed by the RTDS.
- RTDS shall deliver the final report in a timely manner, i.e. depending on the type of assignment, two to four weeks after completion of the assignment.
- RTDS shall not be bound by directives while performing the agreed service and shall be free to act at RTDS’ discretion and under RTDS’ own responsibility. RTDS shall not be required to work in a particular place or to keep particular working hours.
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- RTDS shall retain all copyrights to any work done by RTDS and/or by persons working for RTDS and/or by third parties employed by RTDS (including but not limited to tenders, funding proposals, business plans, training and workshop material, reports, analyses, expert opinions, organization charts, programmes, performance descriptions, drafts, calculations, drawings, data media, etc.). During the contract period and after termination thereof, the Principal may use these materials exclusively for the purposes described under the Contract. Therefore, the Principal shall not be entitled to copy or distribute these materials without the explicit consent of RTDS.
- Any violation of this provision by the Principal shall entitle RTDS to prematurely terminate the Contract and to enforce other legal claims, in particular for restraint and/or damages.
- RTDS shall be entitled and obligated, regardless of fault, to correct any errors and/or inaccuracies in RTDS’ work which have become known subsequently. RTDS shall immediately inform the Principal thereof.
- This right of the Principal expires six months after completion of the respective service.
- Liability / Damages
- RTDS shall be liable to the Principal for damages – with the exception of personal injury – only to the extent that these are the result of serious fault (intention or gross negligence). Correspondingly, this also applies to damages resulting from third parties employed by RTDS.
- Any claim for damages on the part of the Principal may only be enforced by law within six months after those entitled to assert a claim have gained knowledge of the damage and the liable party, but not later than three years after the incident upon which the claim is based.
- The Principal shall furnish evidence of RTDS’ fault.
- If RTDS performs the required services with the help of third parties, any warranty claims and claims for damages which arise against the third party shall be passed on to the Principal. In this case, the Principal shall primarily refer to the third party.
- Confidentiality / Data Protection
- RTDS shall be obligated to maintain complete confidentiality concerning all business matters made known to the Agent in the course of services performed, especially trade and company secrets and any other information concerning type and/or scope of business and/or practical activities of the Principal.
- Furthermore, RTDS shall be obligated to maintain complete confidentiality towards third parties concerning the content of the work completed, as well as any information and conditions that contributed to the completion of the work, particularly concerning data on the Principal’s clients.
- RTDS shall not be obligated to maintain confidentiality towards any person working for RTDS or representatives. RTDS is required to obligate such persons to maintain complete confidentiality and shall be liable for any violation of confidentiality on their part in the same way as if RTDS had breached confidentiality.
- The obligation to maintain confidentiality shall persist indefinitely even after termination of this Contract – with the exception of any duty to give evidence.
- RTDS shall be entitled to use any personal data entrusted to RTDS for the purposes of the services performed. RTDS shall guarantee the Principal that all necessary measures will be taken, especially those regarding data protection laws, e.g. that declarations of consent are obtained from the persons involved.
- After completion of the services agreed upon, RTDS shall receive remuneration agreed upon in advance between RTDS and the Principal. RTDS shall be entitled to render intermediate accounts and to demand payment on account as required by the progress of the work. Remuneration shall be due and payable immediately after rendering accounts by RTDS.
- RTDS shall render accounts which entitle to deduct input tax and contain all elements required by law.
- Any cash expenditures, expenses, travel expenses, etc. shall be reimbursed to RTDS by the Principal separately, upon submission of the appropriate receipts.
- In the event that the work agreed upon is not completed due to reasons on the part of the Principal, or due to a premature termination of contract by RTDS for cause, RTDS shall be entitled to claim payment in full of the remuneration agreed upon in advance, less expenses not incurred. In the event that an hourly fee had been agreed upon, the Principal shall pay for the number of hours expected to be required for the entire contracted assignment, less expenses not incurred. Expenses not incurred shall be calculated as a lump sum consisting of the agreed fee required for those services that the RTDS did not perform by the date of termination of the agreement.
- In the event that intermediate invoices are not paid, RTDS shall be released from the Agent’s commitment to provide further services. This shall not apply to any further claims resulting from default of payment.
- Electronic Invoicing
- RTDS shall be entitled to transmit invoices electronically. The Principal agrees explicitly to accept invoices transmitted electronically by RTDS.
- Duration of the Agreement
- This Contract terminates with the completion of the services.
- Apart from this, this Contract may be terminated for good cause by either party at any time without notice. Grounds for premature termination include the following:
- one party breaches major provisions of the Contract
- one party is in delay with the payments after the beginning of insolvency proceedings
- legitimate concerns exist regarding the Principal’s credit standing, even though insolvency proceedings have not been opened, the Principal fails to make an advance payment or to furnish suitable security at RTDS’ request and the RTDS didn’t know about the Principal’s bad financial situation when the contract was concluded.
- Final Provisions
- The contracting parties declare that all information contained herein is accurate and made in good conscience. They shall be mutually obligated to immediately inform the other party of any changes.
- Modifications of and amendments to this Contract or these General Terms and 6 Conditions shall be made in writing. This shall also apply to a waiver of this requirement in written form.
- This Contract is governed by the substantive law of the Republic of Austria excluding the conflict-of-law rules of international private law. Place of fulfilment is Vienna. Jurisdiction in all disputes is the court in the place where RTDS is based.
All title and intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, trademarks, copyrights and any copies thereof in whatever form, are owned by RTDS e.U., RTDS Association and/or by other parties, and are protected by the applicable laws.
Any trademarks or names being used are for editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringing upon that trademark.
Except where otherwise noted, all site contents are: © by RTDS – All rights reserved.
Information may be downloaded for educational and research purposes as long as the source is clearly credited. Please contact us if you plan to republish large amounts of information either electronically or in print so that we can maintain accuracy and update resources.
© Pictures: info as given at pictures, either RTDS Association or Shutterstock
Some images viewable on this website may be available in high-quality digital format. Charges are normally waived if the use is for public information or educational purposes.